Thursday, December 15, 2011

i'm a giant failure

I'm not going to finish. Not today. I'll be finished by this Sunday night though. I've decided to cut myself a little slack around here, for the first time in my life. I've been staying up really late and working on the dollhouse every minute that I'm not at my job or sleeping. So it's not for lack of passion, vision, or hard work. If anything is limiting me it's budget and deadline. I'll absolutely be fighting to the finish and working until the eleventh hour tonight trying to make what I have at least presentable, and will probably be posting some really crappy pictures around 11:59 to show y'all what I could finish in time for submission. There'll be glue and felt and paint and paper literally flying through the air in a frenzy. But if anyone is interested the final product should be ready this weekend. And it's gonna be bitchin'. Even if I miss the deadline by a day or three, it looks like I'm in excellent company. I'm not the only person to seriously underestimate the time commitment. I'm really proud of the work I've done, and the pieces I've designed and made. I'm likely going to start work on a line of minis for my etsy shop (which is pretty pathetic right now, so I'm not posting the link) after a little more R&D.

I'm super impressed with everyone elses submissions for the challenge! Insanely creative and innovative ideas, I'm totally amazed! The full list of participants can be found here. Check 'em out, you won't be sorry!!

Quick shoutout to Miss Emily Henderson, thank you for dreaming up this challenge! I've had such a blast! I hope this becomes an annual offering. I might stick to a roombox or two next time around though...

No comments:

Post a Comment